Subject: Re: Follow up on VS3100 M48
To: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/27/1999 18:59:39
On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Douglas Meade wrote:

> Now, does anybody else on the list have one of these (VS3100-M48,
> originaly with 32 Mb) and does the tape or CD work for them? (I
> haven't tried the CD yet).  Could it be a bad SCSI controller,
> or is this a configuration that's just not supported yet?

The SCSI support is likely the culprit here.  It's still very new and has
known limitations.   The 1.4.1 release will be the first official release
of NetBSD/vax containing a kernel with the PIO SCSI support and the
disconnect disable hack.

I think it may be a matter "wait and see" until 1.4.1 has been out for a
while (and more people complain).

-brian.
---