Subject: Re: [paul@paul.dragontear.org: Re: VAXstation 3100 netboot problems]
To: paul yaskowski <paul@paul.dragontear.org>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/26/1999 22:46:49
On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, paul yaskowski wrote:

>   I'm running Mandrake 6.0, which is based off of RedHat 6.0, pretty
> much 99% compatible with it.  I've got a bunch of other computer lying
> around, and I can dig out an old copy of Slackware, 3.x or 4.0, if you
> think that would help.  This is the first copy of a RedHat type distro
> that I've ever used, and don't have any old copies lying around.  (BTW,
> RedHat is heaven for someone who grew up using Slackware. ;))

Nah... stay away from the older Linux distributions.  And honestly if
you're willing to install something else to get netbooting working well,
I'd really recommend NetBSD/i386.  Barring that, check out the info Andrew
forwarded to the list about his modified mopd-linux to see if his fixes
remedy your situation.

-brian.
---