Subject: 1.4.1 prerelease snapshot available (fwd)
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/23/1999 12:28:43
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/vax/snapshot/1.4.1-pre/

	It does not contain the security set or installation tools, but
	otherwise should be identical to the real 1.4.1 release.

	Brian Chase and I hope to build and verify the installation
	tools over this weekend.

	I've left the _POSTAGE_STAMP_ and _SMIDGEN_ kernels in the
	binary/kernels directory for now. I may upload updated version
	of these soon.

	I encourage those of you netbooting your systems to upgrade
	to this version - Ragge has fixed a lot of the problems seen
	in 1.4.

	For those of you running 1.4 on diskful systems, you probably
	should wait for the install tools :)

	Let us know how it goes...

		David/absolute

Q:  Why do ducks have flat feet?	Q:  Why do elephants have flat feet?
A:  To stamp out forest fires.		A:  To stamp out flaming ducks.