Subject: Re: 1.4.1 kernels
To: Michael Kukat <michael@hermes.camaronet.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/16/1999 09:26:09
On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Michael Kukat wrote:

> Hi !
>
> > vax# uname -a
> > NetBSD vax.zippynet.iol.net.au 1.4.1 NetBSD 1.4.1 (GENERIC) #1:		\
> > Tue Dec 30 23:49:29 PST 1969						\
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > abs@vaccination:/home/1.4/sys/arch/vax/compile/GENERIC vax
> >

> > Forgot to set your clock? :)
>
> It looks like the dates resulting from a previous VMS boot. When you set the
> date there, you always get such kind of pre-historic dates in NetBSD :-)

	I think this was due to the machine being powered off for so long
	:)

	btw - new kernel for KA630 users which should save another couple
	of 100K:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/vax/kernels/1.4.1/netbsd.smidgen.gz

	As ever - let me know! :)

		David/absolute

Q:  Why do ducks have flat feet?	Q:  Why do elephants have flat feet?
A:  To stamp out forest fires.		A:  To stamp out flaming ducks.