Subject: Unknown error code.....
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jon . <los_alamos@hotmail.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/15/1999 09:24:19
Hello all,

I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.4 using tapes.  I am installing on a
VAXStation 3100 Model 30, using the TK50Z tape drive.  The box is currently
running VMS 5.5, so I mount the TK50Z under VMS, with the switches
/foreign/blocksize=512.  Then, I use the halt switch on the back to go to
the console prompt, type b/3 MKA100 (incidentally, why is the drive MKA100?
All the docs say MUA0...)  So, it begins to boot, and says "Press any key to
abort autoboot 0".  Well, it just leaves me at a > prompt, so I type boot
netbsd, and the following appears:

"Command failed: Unknown error: code 6553637"

Can anyone shed some light on what this error code actually is?  Any help is
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon