Subject: Re: MicroVax II with 5 Mb of memory occasionally hangs
To: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/11/1999 17:42:32
Hi Doug,

It sounds very much like you are encountering the dreaded 'swap and die'
bug. You have a couple of choices, the first is to add more memory (not
always possible I know) the other is to disable swapping (take swap out of
the configuration) This means you will have programs that die for lack of
VM but you should get to run longer. (trade offs) Ragge has a couple of bug
fixes in -current that might help.

--Chuck