Subject: VS3100 Framebuffer Issues... Please help!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <ndiablo@diablonet.dynip.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/10/1999 19:06:12
Hi! I've got a VAXStation 3100 with an 8 plane graphics expansion hooked up to
a VR290 color monitor that i'm trying to get NetBSD 1.4 running on. I was
reading the release notes and saw that NetBSD 1.4 is now capable of running
off the graphics console on the 2100/3100 series workstations as long as the
system was running off its onboard mono framebuffer.

I removed the 8 plane option from the system, and now I do not get any graphics
at all on the console. I was wondering if there is a jumper on the motherboard
I have to switch to re-enable the onboard mono framebuffer or if i have to
switch the connections to the R/G/B ports on the back of the monitor or something like that to get the mono graphics working properly.

Thanks in advance,
 -Sean Caron (root@diablonet.dynip.com)