Subject: Re: Oooooh... IDE to Q-bus/Unibus adapters.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen Bell <steve@discus.lincoln.ac.nz>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/08/1999 20:36:45
Hmm,
   I almost had a PDP-11/34 using disks on 486 box (with bus mastering
   VLB SCSI ) I was using a dr11c -> 16 bit I/O port on the ISA bus
   (I/O bord was mostly the same as a pc parallel port but not quite)

   It did speak both ways but I never finished any device drivers,
   I ran it using PIO on the unibus side.. (Hey cut that out, the
   computer's almost older than I am.)

   The Q-Bus equivalent should be fairly straight forward,
   not fast as a disk device but probably faster that
   10Mbit ethernet for NFS

Steve