Subject: Re: VAXstation & X11
To: Peter Rhein <pr@peter-rhein.de>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/01/1999 11:56:38
pr@peter-rhein.de said:
> > When I did the fast-hack version of console support for VS3100, the
> > wscons
> > system didn't like so much else than a PC keyboard :-)
> hm, I thought only Linux was strongly i386-related?! :-)

Wscons itself is not PC centric. But at this point probably
only hardware drivers for PC hardware were present.
In the meantime, there is LK201/401 support which is used by
pmax (in the [nisimura] version) and alpha (with new scc driver).

> by adding some printfs to lkc.c I found the lkc codings (left=167,
> right=168, down=169, up=170).

See sys/dev/dec/wskbdmap_lk201.c...

> well, after I get some right mouse events I could imagine it's me
> looking at the WSCONS stuff.. ;) (Well, I could look to attach lkc to
> wskeyboard, at least)

It shouldn't be too hard - include "struct lk201_state" into the
keyboard's per-device data, fill out the "attachment" part and
use the functions from "lk201_ws.c". "zskbd.c" is an example.
Ask me if there are questions. (Can't test myself unless the VS3200
can netboot NetBSD - doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.)

best regards
Matthias