Subject: Re: VS2000 and 1.4 - no go :-(
To: Bernhard H. Buckel <buckel@wmad95.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/30/1999 21:51:33
Hi !

> Yep. I did. And it worked with a serial console for over a year -
> solution was to issue a "boot netbsd -asd" at the bootloader prompt.=20

Strange... no more idea.

> Hmmm... Sounds good to me but I'm planning to install a RZ25 SCSI disk=20
> today. 425MB are 3x the capacity of the RD54 and it's gonna be faster
> _and_ not as noisy after conversion :-)

Is SCSI in the VS 2000 supported ? This is not a real SCSI (ok, the
difference is just the DMA buffer size... 16 KB vs 128 KB). There is a
patch somewhere to get the box booting from SCSI drives.

>     Michael> cool. For NetBSD it's a bit slow.)  If you need a monitor
>=20
> Don't think so. It's slow but with 14MB of RAM it's usable...

That's true... Needs 20 hours to compile the kernel, but it DOES compile
the kernel with 14 MB of RAM :-)

>     Michael> with keyboard and mouse adapter, maybe i have one over
>     Michael> soon, i don't use the built-in console.  W=FCrzburg isn't
>     Michael> that far away from Rottweil :-)
>=20
> Nope, it isn't :-) What I'd _really_ need is a LK201, mine seems to
> have popped the hooves :-(

Also some lying aroung. American or German layout ? I have several of both
layouts here and could give one away.

so long.. Michael