Subject: Re: VS2000 and SCSI - it works!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/30/1999 10:54:27
<< .. A guy on comp.os.vms, Wolfgang Moeller has created a patch for the
system ROMs. This patch allows booting from SCSI disks as 'DK' type devices
and perhaps from CDROM also. You need to read your ROMs from OpenVMS , patch
the images and then burn new ROMs from the images. The utilities for reading
ROMs and the
patches are available from ftp.gwdg.de. He did post details on comp.os.vms
so I don't think he'll mind me passing the information on.  >>

I just happen to have a handy VS2000 sitting around not doing anything right
now, and a handy PROM programmer I can read the PROMs with...  and make new
ones.  Certainly doesn't make sense to load VMS just to read the PROM when
you need the programmer to make a new one anyways...

I'll have to check it out...    I also wonder whether his patches will work
for all PROM revisions??   Been dying to get this VS2k doing something...

Pete