Subject: RE: VS2000 and SCSI - it works!
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Andrew Back <andrew.back@seacontainers.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/30/1999 15:13:04
Hi,

For anyone feeling adventurous with their VS/uVAX 2000.. A guy on
comp.os.vms, Wolfgang Moeller has created a patch for the system ROMs. This
patch allows booting from SCSI disks as 'DK' type devices and perhaps from
CDROM also. You need to read your ROMs from OpenVMS , patch the images and
then burn new ROMs from the images. The utilities for reading ROMs and the
patches are available from ftp.gwdg.de. He did post details on comp.os.vms
so I don't think he'll mind me passing the information on. He also has a MOP
loadable image that will then boot from SCSI and an image that can be put on
a MFM disk which will load then boot from SCSI.

Id be interested to hear how anyone gets on with this software, Im sure
Wolfang would too (moeller@gwdvms.dnet.gwdg.de).

Any pointers for getting 1.4 installed on a SCSI disk in my uVAX2K? Id like
to try booting from SCSI with the aid of Wolfgang's "ROM patch" loaded via
MOP! If that works it's just a matter of finding someone who can burn me
some new ROMs...

Regards,

Andrew

ftp.gwdg.de has ka410w_v23_rom-0013.patch in directory pub/vms/pk2k/preview/