Subject: Re: *Delurk* VXT?
To: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/30/1999 09:47:33
On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 04:04:13PM -0400, David Evans wrote:
> Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> >
> > I guess it should be possible t o run them as x termianls using netbsd and
> > an X server... do we have graphics support for them already?
>
>   I think that he means to run them without a heavy-duty OS, but just as X
> terminals.

Uhm, yes, but...

an X server + a kernel stripped down to only support whats needed for it
isn't really heavy-duty. If you insist, netboot, and use only a remote
x font server, and leave all disk support out.

Such setups have been done with SUn3s, for example.

And you get modern X features, like, for example, authentication.

Regards,
	-is