Subject: Re: VS2000 and 1.4 - no go :-(
To: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
From: Bernhard H. Buckel <buckel@wmad95.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/30/1999 08:10:19
Yow!

    Michael> Hi !
    >> I'm in the process of installing 1.4 to my old, trusty
    >> VS2000. Netbooting works just fine, the machine loads the
    >> kernel, probes the hardware just fine.... BUT: The kernel semms
    >> to use wscons and my serial console gets completely locked ;-(

    Michael> Did you connect Pin 8 and 9 of the console port ? I

Yep. I did. And it worked with a serial console for over a year -
solution was to issue a "boot netbsd -asd" at the bootloader prompt.=20=

    Michael> didn't have any problems booting my VS 2000. (BTW: Better
    Michael> use it as X-terminal with the VXT boot software. Really

Hmmm... Sounds good to me but I'm planning to install a RZ25 SCSI disk=20=

today. 425MB are 3x the capacity of the RD54 and it's gonna be faster
_and_ not as noisy after conversion :-)

    Michael> cool. For NetBSD it's a bit slow.)  If you need a monitor

Don't think so. It's slow but with 14MB of RAM it's usable...

    Michael> with keyboard and mouse adapter, maybe i have one over
    Michael> soon, i don't use the built-in console.  W=FCrzburg isn't
    Michael> that far away from Rottweil :-)

Nope, it isn't :-) What I'd _really_ need is a LK201, mine seems to
have popped the hooves :-(

=09=09=09       Bernhard

--=20
Statisticians probably do it.