Subject: *Delurk* VXT?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Craft <ccraft@cmn.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/29/1999 13:52:08
Hi, I've been reading port-vax for a couple of years, but haven't
contributed much... However, I did notice someone (I think it was
Michael aus Rottweil) saying something about VS2Ks being better X terms
than actually running NetBSD. (My first VS2K runs 1.3 from RD54 rather
well, I thought, even though it is a bit cramped!)  Is this VXT software
available, or must I find/beg/buy a license from DecPaq?
  In other stuff: I have successfully netbooted VS2Ks, uVIIs and VS3100s
with varying degrees of usability. My utmost thanks and appreciation to
those who are working toward making NetBSD/VAX a very real alternative
to VMS, especially Ragge, who heads the effort, and Brian for the
netbooting howto.  Now if only I could get those things on my wish
list... like a qbus interface for an LP26 (BIG printer!) and a qbus scsi
card and a 6350bpi tape drive and card and... :)

Keep up the good work!
Chris.
ccraft@cmn.net