Subject: Re: VS2000 and 1.4 - no go :-(
To: Bernhard H. Buckel <buckel@wmad95.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/29/1999 20:41:52
Hi !

> I'm in the process of installing 1.4 to my old, trusty
> VS2000. Netbooting works just fine, the machine loads the kernel,
> probes the hardware just fine.... BUT: The kernel semms to use wscons
> and my serial console gets completely locked ;-(

Did you connect Pin 8 and 9 of the console port ? I didn't have any
problems booting my VS 2000. (BTW: Better use it as X-terminal with the
VXT boot software. Really cool. For NetBSD it's a bit slow.)
If you need a monitor with keyboard and mouse adapter, maybe i have one
over soon, i don't use the built-in console.
W=FCrzburg isn't that far away from Rottweil :-)

so long.. Michael