Subject: Re: VAXstationII back to life
To: NetBSD VAX Port <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Cthulhu <cthulhu@flashnet.it>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/29/1999 17:07:49
Thanks to all for responses.

I dowloaded release 1.4, but the netbsd.ram is not working (BTW, half
a day to recompile kernel with RARP, find and setup bootparamd, and then
you switch to bootp? ;) ).
It loads right, then I select first menu, installation from scratch.
It asks me about partitioning, and, after the last 'Are you really sure you
want to write disklabel onto the disk?', it stops and goes back to main
menu, no matter of what I say.
Moreover, it sometime asks me about converting old filesystem type to a
newest one. But this operation always fail ('fsck_ffs -f -c /dev/rra0a').

Now, I'm installing using the netbsd.ram from 1.3 distribution, I'll see
what will happen.

I'll examine all your other suggestions, in the near future. :)

	reinstalling,
	   Cthulhu

P.S.: why replies on this thread are in 3 copies?

--

       Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu http://www.rlyeh.it wgah'nagl fhtgan!
		       <cthulhu at flashnet dot it>