Subject: Re: MicroVAX 3300 anyone?
To: None <buckel@wmad95.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/29/1999 14:31:36
> A friend of mine is in the process of joining the VAXnerd community
> :-) But before we set sail and get a uVAX 3000, we'd like to know
> something about this beast - i.e. size, weight and a picture would bee
> cool...

AFAIK it should be like my 3400.

It's a desk-side box with a BA213 chassis (19" wide). Bit higher and wider than
most PC 'big' towers, but a lot more solid :-)

Mine has a base with wheels, which makes moving it much easier..

Built-in DSSI controller and Ethernet, but unfortunately not yet supported
by NetBSD. You'll need at least a Qbus ethernet card to boot NetBSD or
a (T)MSCP controller.

Weight? I can just lift it. About 50 kilos.

Sorry, no image..

								Bye, Arno.

--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9             Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,

 We say Retribution, We say Vengeance is bliss, We say Revolution,
 With a Cast-Iron fist!                  (Megadeth, 'The Disintegrators')