Subject: Re: Dilog SQ706-A troubles
To: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Jim Bender <jim@dmv.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/28/1999 17:39:03

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, David Evans wrote:

> Jim Bender wrote:
> >
> > Currently, I am trying to attach a known-good DEC RZ57 to
> > the card.   The only signs of life I can get are the card
> > will send the format command to the drive, wait for it to
> > complete, and report success.
> >

>   Can you get to the board's internal diags by attaching the CPU board's
> console cable to the connector on the board?

Yes, I can get to the internal diags via serial cable directly attached
to board, or by downloading the diags to the vax and running from
the vax console.

That is where I am able to issue the format command, and note that
the drive does start doing something, and some time later the Dilog
board reports that the format was successful.

Jim