Subject: Re: VAXstationII back to life
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/27/1999 20:41:05
At 01:22 PM 6/27/99 , Anders Magnusson wrote:

>> > 3) 'shutdown -h now' doesn't work, 'halt' does, but drops a core. Why?
>>
>> Nobody knows, it cound be a problem in signal handling or so. My way to
>>
>Well, at least some people know :-) It is caused by the assembler in
>some of the files in libc. It do work if the binaries are static linked.
>Someone that understand this (Matt Thomas? :-) must look at it and fix it.

In cvs.netbsd.org:~matt/ there's a md.c and mdprologue.S which should fix
the problem.  Since my VAX is currently packed, if someone could rebuild
ld.aout_so and something that uses longjmp/setjmp to check it out would be
appreciated.
Sunnyvale, CA             Disclaimer: I avow all knowledge of this message