Subject: Re: Vaxstation 4000-model 60
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/26/1999 22:22:27
On 25 Jun, Michael Kukat wrote:

> Strange... I compiled the full kernel sources on a 3100m76 with NFS swap
> without any problems.=20
The machine don't crash, it seems it is an "out of buffer" Problem. When
the box hangs, I can ping it, top counts the time, ... But when a
process wants to get (or release?) memory the process hangs.

> Maybe some NFS servers don't work fine enough ?
The Server is:=20
[jkunz@MissSophie ~]$ uname -a
NetBSD MissSophie 1.4 NetBSD 1.4 (MissSophie) #0: Mon May 31 12:44:44 CEST =
1999    =20
root@MissSophie:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/MissSophie i386
All (OK, most) my various machines run NetBSD. See
http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/museum.html

> (Mine is RedHat linux 5.2, don't know nfsd version.)
BTW: I am tomorrow at the improvised BSD exhibition at the "Linux Tag"
(http://www.linuxtag.de german) at the University of Kaiserslautern.
Bringing daemonpower to the penguin. ;-)=20
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
         Jochen