Subject: Re: VAXstation I questions
To: Matt <fredette@MIT.EDU>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/24/1999 08:52:48
On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Matt wrote:

> I have the chance to buy a VAXstation I with some hard drives locally
> for an asking price of $100.  How's that for a price?

I'd say that's probably a bit too expensive for a VAXstation I :-).  But
it would also depend on the amount of RAM, the graphics, the disks, the
enclosure, and how badly you want a machine of that caliber.

> I see from the NetBSD VAX hardware reference that this machine isn't
> supported.  I know nothing about VAXen, but would enjoy fooling around
> with porting NetBSD.  How difficult a port would this be?  (Put
> another way, how different is this beast from the nearest machine that
> does run NetBSD?)

Based on past discussions, I don't think the port would be too difficult.
The system is closest in functionality to the VAXstation/MicroVAX II.

-brian.
---