Subject: Re: Fixing the swapper (was Re: Summarisation on uvII/VS3100 booting)
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/24/1999 15:43:56

> Ragge,  This appears to have stabilised my uvII system.
> I've been loading it up as much as possible (L/A of 6 hits
> pretty quickly here, and is mostly crippling load), and I've
> managed to get 1.6mb swapped out and it's still going.
>
> Do you have any insight into what the issue was that caused the
> problem, and any concerns for having removed the calls from the
> mscp code?

I've heard that the problem may not go away with this fix also. Maybe
it is two problem?
Anyway: It is the queue for active transfers. The queue is only used
to requeue transfers that were active when an ubareset occurred.
I have never seen an ubareset on a qbus-based machine, and very rarely
on Unibus-based machines. (Only on a heavily-loaded ftp server).

-- Ragge