Subject: Re: Vaxstation 4000-model 60
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Rhein <pr@peter-rhein.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/24/1999 14:06:44
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Tom Everett wrote:
>    So I'll have to use NFS mounts for drives?  Does this mean that I have
> no swap, or can I swap on a NFS mount?

Well, you are supposed to do so. Anyway, I never got it wo work (my VT1300
keeps hanging as soon as NFS-swap-requests occur [proof: the VS3100
immediately got stable as soon as I enabled the ncr-scsi-hack (thanx,
michael!) to enable swapping to disk.. (better a SLOW swapping than NONE
;)

(BTW: all filesystems work on NFS without any problem -- only NFS swapping
won't work. swapctl-l looks good, everything fine, but then mem request...
and crash)

Maybe the MSCP is not the only thing broken for swapping??

greetings from tuebingen
pit