Subject: Re: New booter available
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/23/1999 07:31:46
Hi !

> Could you include the printing of a version string at the time the
> bootloader starts?  I would find this helpful in discussions about the
> bootloader (WRT keeping things straight between which versions have what
> problems on which systems). :-)

I don't think a version number like 1.4 would make sense in the
development phase. The date/time of make are printed, this should be
enough information about the "version" of the booter.

> And then it would be sort of a courtesy to add some specific info to the
> version string when people modify the bootloader outside of the NetBSD
> repository.  Again, just to simplify tracking these changes and their
> behaviors.

What about the hostname of the make machine, like in the kernel ? Should
also be enough.
Maybe i'll try to put this in the next days.

so long.. Michael