Subject: Re: Again: Booting a Vax-Server 3100 with NetBSD-1.4
To: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/21/1999 20:58:56
On Sun, 20 Jun 1999, Allison J Parent wrote:

> <Actually, the PMAX (DECstation) is little-endian, too.  Were there ANY
> <big-endian DEC systems?
>
> PDP-8.

Hmmm, no, I'd say not. A word is a word, and the PDP-8 don't know anything
else.

You might argue that the EAE-option were big endian. However, I don't
remember which way it stored 24-bit words. Do you remember, Allison?

The PDP-8 did number the bits the other way around, though, but then
again, just about every computer of that age did.

	Johnny