Subject: DEQNA trouble.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/17/1999 20:53:33
I am having real fun right now rewriting the qe driver to match the
new qbus code. I ran into some very strange problem that I really can't
understand.

The problem is to get the deqna into ALLMULTI mode. The programmers
manual states that:

If the setup packet len is 128 bytes, then setting bit 0 will turn on
allmulti reception and setting bit 1 will put the interface in
promiscous mode. BUT:

The packet len is stored -(len/2) in the packet, which looses bit 0.

Promiscous mode works just fine, but I can't get the packet into
ALLMULTI mode. Setting the "odd byte end" bit doesn't help either.

Do anyone have any knowledge about how this is done? I have tried all
strange ways to setup the interface now without success...

-- Ragge