Subject: Re: uVAX II / serial console
To: Greg Ingram <ingram@symsys.com>
From: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/17/1999 09:54:45
Hi Greg,

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Ingram <ingram@symsys.com>
To: port-vax@netbsd.org <port-vax@netbsd.org>
Date: Thursday, June 17, 1999 9:25 AM
Subject: uVAX II / serial console

>Gentlemen,

thanks ;-))

>I'm afraid I'm beginning to believe that my problem with the serial
>console on this uVAX II is more than just cabling.  I've got the transmit,
>receive and ground lines tied together and, still, data goes from the VAX
>to my (PC) terminal, but nothing goes back to the VAX.
>
>Any last suggestions before this beast turns into a doorstop?

Which comm paramter you use ? (baud, parity, start, stop bits, ...)

Most of the "PC" programs simply ignore all parity errors, so you see what
comes in, but the uVAX ignore the characters.

The result: it seems ok, but it isn't ;-))

You have any REAL terminal to check it out ?

BTW, don't trust your "PC" programs. Many times I run into a bug, that you
think you changed the comm parameter, but you have to exit the application
and enter again to be sure. (so far to the nice world of cut&paste ;-())

cheers & have fun,
emanuel