Subject: Floppy booting NETBSD 1.4 on VS3100
To: William Gnadt <wgnadt@rri-usa.org>
From: Lehle Wolf <Wolf.Lehle@med.siemens.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/17/1999 13:06:51
Hi,

First of all: Sorry I don't have a solution for your problem. But perharps
you have one for me !

I'm also trying to boot from a floppy using the miniroot.fs. The problem now
is my VaxStation3100 M38 does not boot from floppy: I used the DOS-program
Rawrite.exe for writing the miniroot.fs (tonight I try your "dd
..."-command) and if I enter "b dka500" at the boot-monitor level (the thing
you get if you press the reset-button) I see the floppy-drive-LED and then
the message "84 FAIL".
I use a RX23AA floppy drive in my VAX, which one do you use ?
You are mailing, that you are doing something from a linux box (b/3 dua2). I
have a bare machine. Perharps it's wrong to enter the boot command from the
boot-monitor-level ?

Wolf

PS. I have several VaxStation3100 some with no M38-label on it and some
with. The one without, are those VaxStation3100/30 ?