Subject: List spam
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/16/1999 07:54:43
	The recent 'Adult Site Hosting' spam to the list appears to have
originated from a small ISP in Sacramento, CA (bfp.net). It was, if I read
the headers correctly, relayed through a pair of overseas servers in an
obvious (and fairly pathetic) attempt to avoid being traced.

	I doubt the spambag responsible was counting on an experienced
spam-fighter being one of the recipients. ;-) I have filed a complaint with
the Sacto ISP, and I doubt it is one they will ignore considering that the
message violated both California and WA anti-spam laws (third-party relay
without consent, no clear "From:" address shown).

	If you want to call the 800 number shown in the message, and leave some
words of wisdom on the spambag's recorder, I would do so from a pay phone.
Many of the 800 numbers have ANI, which means if you use your home phone
they'll have your phone number.

	We now return to our regularly scheduled nuttiness.

Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio:(WD6EOS) E-mail: kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com
SysOp: The Dragon's Cave (Fido 1:343/272, 253-639-9905)
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our own
human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."