Subject: Re: I'm happy with my new uVax, but ...
To: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/15/1999 17:37:37
On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Michael Kukat wrote:
>The original file "PR0801ENG.SYS" only knows about LAT, a DEC proprietary
>protocol, so you need either VMS or other hardware being able to handle
>LAT services.
>I was planning to write a little OS for it knowing of TCP/IP to put those
>8 ports onto TCP port 3001-3008 and a port 3000 for configuration or such
>stuff, but i have absolutely no hardware info. A stripped NetBSD- or
>minix-kernel would do nice jobs here.
>CPU is a MC 68000 with 8 MHz, and i think it had something of 256 KB RAM.

  Is this practical?  I have a source for a huge number of DS200 terminal
servers...they're getting scrapped by the pallet load now.  If someone can
write a little OS for them to make them useful, that'd be great!

  Is it worthwhile to try and disassemble pr0801eng.sys?  Any m68k hackers out
there?

                 -Dave McGuire