Subject: Re: Vax 4000-200 (sorry about previous markup message)
To: Lindgren, Jon <jlindgren@espus.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/09/1999 22:41:42
Hi again !

> I might have such an ethernet adapter, although I might have given it away.
> I'm guessing that by the "internal" adapter you mean the one on the CPU
> cards?

You're right. I have a DELQA running in my VAX 4000/30.

> I'll get these when I get the manuals, unless you have any tricks you care
> to share...

If only i had... Think a little look into docs is much faster than EXing hours
in the memory map.

> > EX /I 3E
> > EX /P 20040004
> > EX /P 20020000
>
> I was supposed to get these for you before, and I failed miserably.  I'll
> get them ASAP for you.

I know, i got them. But i don't know, where they are at the moment :-) I could
serch my mail archive, but maybe it's better to get "fresh" ones. I have to
"defragment" some SOC CPU stuff. The 4000/200 is different, but the MV 3100m40
is detected as VS 4000 VLC at the moment due to some identical bits in the
20040004 value.

> Fantastic.  Thanks very much.  I'll let you know when I can get the info.

Don't hurry. I don't have too much time at the moment, so maybe it could take
some days to build a test kernel with the changes.

So long... Michael