Subject: Re: All right... how in blazes...
To: None <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/08/1999 07:22:03
Hi Bruce,

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
To: cmcmanis@mcmanis.com <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
Cc: port-vax@netbsd.org <port-vax@netbsd.org>
Date: Tuesday, June 08, 1999 12:00 AM
Subject: All right... how in blazes...

> ...do I unpack the sets from the TK50 tape Emanuel sent me?

Nobody knows ;-))

<cut all your explanations>

what do you see on this tape, doing something like:

tar tzvf /dev/rmt0

As I remember, I just wrote the files in the sets directory.
You should be able to see the table of them.
( I made an verify, and had no problems with this tape ...)

Anyway, If you have enough room on your disk, copy the files from tape to
disk first. (So you can drink a coffee in peace ;-)) Then you can use
sysinst (?) or make a short shell script to unpack all file sets in the
right order. (And drink even a larger pot of coffee ;-))

And check with tar tvzf, but i think all this files are made to be unpacked
in the root directory.

Hope it helps,
emanuel