Subject: Re: Need Help with RA81 Error
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Brady <jrbrady@mindspring.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/07/1999 20:11:05
Hi James,

No progress with the 11/750 PSU...ordered the H7104-C from a vendor
in California but it hasn't yet arrived.  However, in the meantime,
I got another 750.  This from a gent about 20 miles south of here.  He
purchased it military surplus and it works just fine.  I've been able
to boot the diagnostic monitor and run basic diag's on the system.  It
also boots the standalone backup version of VMS 4.4.  But I still want
to get the original beast up a running.

As for the RA81, guess I can obtain another HDA.  The drive electronics
appear to be in good shape.  Perhaps the optical pickup suffered damage
(noticed also that the TU80 doesn't recognize the tape mark so tapes
won't load...another optical device).  Anyone in the Seattle area have
an RA8x drive they'd like to "unload"???

Ya know, I'd sure like to know under what conditions the drive and VAX
were stored.  Growl.

Thanks for the note.  I'll keep you posted on the PSU saga...

Jason