Subject: Re: One question
To: None <PORT-VAX@netbsd.org>
From: None <carlini@andnot.lkg.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/07/1999 17:00:20
"michael@camaronet.de" "Michael Kukat"  wrote:

> You have this nice 4000/300 technical manual. One question: Could you find out
> if the 4000/300 has a battery-backed realtime-clock (TOY clock, or whatever),
> and if so, could you give me the base address ? I'll find out the rest, but
> this clock might be useful. For now on every boot i have to enter the actual
> date/time :-)

All VAXen since the MicroVAX II have had some kind of TOY and all *after* the
MicroVAX II have had NVRAM so they can remember where to boot from etc.! (At
least I think this is true).

I'll dig up the details tomorrow - unfortunately my now-grubby manual is no
longer kicking around in the boot of my car but is sitting on a desk in an
office!

Antonio