Subject: Re: Halfway home, still need a nudge...
To: None <Paul.Sawyer@tellabs.com>
From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/05/1999 19:29:19
At 18:50 05-06-1999 -0500, you wrote:

	<cc'd to the list so others may benefit>

	<snip>

>I was able to boot the 1.4 miniroot from where you are at using the command
>
>boot netbsd.gz -d

	YES! BINGO!! That's the one that did it!

	For anyone else who might have been wondering, the above command is used
on a MicroVAX II after hardware-booting the TK50 load of 1.4's
'miniroot.fs' file.

	Translation: Once the TK50 finishes its initial boot, you should be
presented with a NetBSD banner and a note saying to press any key to abort
the autoboot sequence. Pressing a key then brings you to a single chevron
prompt.

	At that chevron prompt, give the command listed above. After about another
five minutes, you should get a genuine NetBSD/VAX boot screen.

	Now, my next question: Do I just accept the defaults for the choices of
root fs location and such when preparing to do a fresh installation?

	Thanks to all who have helped. As mentioned earlier, I will prepare an
update for the installation FAQ once I have all the info.

Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio:(WD6EOS) E-mail: kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com
SysOp: The Dragon's Cave (Fido 1:343/272, 253-639-9905)
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our own
human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."