Subject: Re: 1.4 on TK50 wanted
To: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/03/1999 14:11:06
I can roll one off on my my MicroVAX II this week and see if I can boot
from it.  The last time I installed from tape was 1.2G or so, but that was
only on my Q-bus based systems with TK50 or TK70 TMSCP controllers. I've
never tried it on a SCSI TK50 system, and I'm not sure if it even works.

-brian.

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Bruce Lane wrote:

> 	Despite the fact that netbooting has been successful for me, I
> would still like to get the VAX port of 1.4 on a TK50 cartridge.
> However, for whatever reason, I'm unable to effectively transfer 1.4's
> miniroot.fs file to said cartridge.
>
> 	I don't know whether to blame my drive (TK50Z-GA) or my Linux box (Red Hat
> 5.2), but the end result is the same: A file that shouldn't take more than
> a minute or two to write takes nearly 15 minutes of the tape drive sawing
> back and forth, and my VAXen won't boot from the newly-produced tape.
>
> 	Question: Is there ANYone on the list who is willing and able to, if I
> send them a TK50 cartridge, put 1.4/VAX on the thing for me?
>
> 	Thanks in advance.

---