Subject: Re: VAXstation II again
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/31/1999 22:37:07
> > So: Why is DEQNA detected as DELQA by NetBSD ? Are there any differences
> > ? The hardware address is the one from the installed DEQNA, there is
> > another strange ethernet card installed, but it has a completely
> > different hardware address.
> >
> Are you sure that you have a DEQNA? Anyway, it doesn't matter, the
> difference is only used to print oit which type it is:
>
> addr->qe_vector&01 ? "delqa":"deqna"
>
> so what it actually says is irrelevant for functionality.

So seen... don't know why, but i just pulled out all cards (ripped off a
coil or so from my DHV-11, but re-soldered it), put em in in another
order (more useful for the wires), and, surprise: it works. Now trying
to disklabel the RDs inside.
I just looked to the field guide: it IS a DELQA, only the connector at
the back is labelled "DEQNA".

QVSS not supported ? What's qv.c ? I'll look for it. Seems to be a
really dumb framebuffer, with a 6845 on it. (A kind of card called "HGC"
on the PC some time ago :-)

Ok, thanks so, i got it running, but mountains of "ring overrun"...
Think there are a bit too much VAXen in my network :-)

So long... Michael