Subject: Re: VAXstation II and NetBSD
To: Michael Kukat <michael@hermes.camaronet.de>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/31/1999 21:51:01
> Hi !
>
> Somebody ever tried to boot netbsd on a VAXstaion II with built-in monochrome
> console ? Seems the booter doesn't like keyboard inputs. The message appears,
> but the timer doesn't count down, and no chance to just press ENTER, every key
> is ignored.

Well, there is no support for the QVSS graphic card, so don't be suprised
if the booter doesn't work correct either :-)

> BTW: someone heard something about a QBus card called "MICOM Interlan" ? I've
> got such a thing in my box, maybe it's not bad with a 80186 and lots of RAM on
> the board. It's not usable as "XQA1", XQA0 is the usual DEQNA.

There is a Unibus card called "Interlan NP100" which may be the Unibus
version of it. This card is older than the DEUNA and not software
compatible, but there is a 4.4 driver for it. (ix). I had a couple
of those ethernet cards many years ago, but noone left.
They were rather slow.

-- Ragge