Subject: VAXstation II again
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/31/1999 21:37:29
Hi again,

just flipped a switch at the serial console panel of my VAXstation II,
connected a cable to it and turned it on. The BOOT ROM was on QVSS
again, but after booting with "B XQA0" it did the following:

(I disabled the countdown because of the keyboard problems)

The booter loads the kernel, but no numbers appear, as i know from the
other VAXen. Some seconds later, the
serial console starts up and says the following: (Copyright message
appeared, but not copied here.)

NetBSD 1.4 (GENERIC) #10: Tue May 25 20:20:45 CEST 1999
    root@hera:/usr/src/sys/arch/vax/compile/GENERIC

MicroVAX II
realmem = 13619200
avail mem = 10403840
Using 166 buffers containing 679936 bytes of memory.
mainbus0 (root)
cpu0 at mainbus0: KA630
uba0 at mainbus0: Q22
uda0 at uba0 csr 172150 vec 774 ipl 17
mscpbus0 at uda0: version 4 model 3
mscpbus0: DMA burst size set to 4
ra0 at mscpbus0 drive 0: RD54
ra1 at mscpbus0 drive 1: RD53
rx0 at mscpbus0 drive 2: RX50
rx1 at mscpbus0 drive 3: RX50
qe0 at uba0 csr 174440 vec 770 ipl 17
qe0: delqa, hardware address 08:00:2b:03:b6:1e

The kernel IS standard 1.4 distribution kernel, i tried something for
the VAX 4000-300, but nothing changed in the other code. Works fine on
my VAXstation 3100 m76.
After detecting the DEQNA, nothing more happens.

So: Why is DEQNA detected as DELQA by NetBSD ? Are there any differences
? The hardware address is the one from the installed DEQNA, there is
another strange ethernet card installed, but it has a completely
different hardware address.

if_qe.c says it works with DEQNA and DELQA in DEQNA mode. But shouldn't
it print "deqna" here ?

Does someone have an idea what's going wrong here ?

So long... Michael