Subject: hpx drive code in 1.4
To: <>
From: None <Paul.Sawyer@tellabs.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/25/1999 21:29:32
Ragge:

I've been digging in the mba code under the NetBSD-current pointer.

In mba/hp.c - hpstart(md)

I see;
      hp->hp_cs1 = HPCS_READ;
and
      hp->hp_cs1 = HPCS_WRITE;

where HPCS_READ and HPCS_WRITE are the correct function codes for
read and write data repspecively - however,

in the register definition that I have, the function code should
be written to bits 5:1, and bit 0 is the GO bit.

wouldn't
       hp->hp_cs1 = (HPCS_READ << 1) | 0x01;
be the correct usage ?

This would explain the bad command results that I obtained last
night.

If someone can change and build this stuff I will be happy to
test it - at present I have no ability to do so myself.

Paul Sawyer