Subject: Q: Support MFM controller/disks for MV2000 in 1.4
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Seidmann <tseidmann@SIMULTAN.CH>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/25/1999 11:31:43
Hi,

I noticed the commented-out lines containing the specification of hdc0
and rd* in GENERIC and thus the missing support of the MFM controller
for the MV2000 in 1.4 - the uVAX netbooted but naturally its rd* disk
are invisible. My question is: will the addition of the following two
lines in the kernel configuration file lead to a kernel with working rd*
disk support?

hdc0		at vsbus0 csr 0x200c0000 # The strange builtin MFM controller
rd*		at hdc0 drive?		# The RD disk subsystem on VS2000

I've searched the mailing list archive to find a similar question, but
no answer to it. Thank you.

Regards,
Thomas