Subject: Re: Halfway booted an uV3100/M40
To: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/24/1999 00:08:40

> Ragge, we should change this a little bit to get more values into. Hope
> nobody hardcoded the values somewhere, so we only need to change the
> include file and the way the value is generated. I think something like
>
> (SID & 0xff000000) | ((SYS_TYPE >> 8) & 0xff0000) | (SYS_TYPE & 0xffff)
>
> should include all information we need to detect the really correct
> machine.

That would be simple to do. But please be aware of that the info in the
SYS_TYPE address can also contain other info that changes among different
machines of the same type. (revisions or whatever).

Other info:
I have just done some interesting changes: The cpu type detection code
is moved out to a new file that is included by the boot program also.
I also set up a SCB in the boot program so that it can use the timer
interrupts for timing. Now the countdown should work on all different
VAX cpus. :-)

-- Ragge