Subject: Re: Halfway booted an uV3100/M40
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/23/1999 15:25:50
On Mon, 24 May 1999, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> Other info:
> I have just done some interesting changes: The cpu type detection code
> is moved out to a new file that is included by the boot program also.
> I also set up a SCB in the boot program so that it can use the timer
> interrupts for timing. Now the countdown should work on all different
> VAX cpus. :-)

Oh goody.  I'll have to check this out on my VS3100/M76.

I've finally gotten around to having 1.4 available to nearly all of my
machines.  It looks like the RARP/bootparamd stuff is broken on the
MicroVAX II, but serving the boot info via DHCP works fine.  I've started
updating the Netbooting howto to reflect the state of things under 1.4.
The RedHat Linux 6.0 server stuff is broken rather badly.  It incorrectly
accepts NFSv3 mount requests though it doesn't support NFSv3.  I'm working
to fix the mountd daemon.

-brian.
---