Subject: sysinst does not write to disk
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Lee Martineau <lmartine@cyberus.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/19/1999 22:49:50
Okay, I give up.  Is there a new netbsd.ram.gz for netbooting 1.4?
I have one from May 7 (it says 1.4_BETA) and there is no
newer version I can see.

My uv3400 boots and runs sysinst fine.  sysinst can see the
only hard disk (dua0 via an mscp-scsi adapter) as ra0 and prompts
for writing the disklabel.  However, after confirming the write, the
install
immediately returns to the main menu; no error messages and no
writing of info to disk which lets the install proceed.

I have been able to disklabel -i ra0 and newfs the partitions manually
after exiting sysinst, so the disk is fine.

What's with sysinst?