Subject: Re: Halfway booted an uV3100/M40
To: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
From: Sune Stjerneby <sst@hermes.koege-gym.dk>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/19/1999 17:26:27
On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 05:17:08PM +0200, Michael Kukat wrote:

> > VAXstation 4000 VLC     # Do I have a VS4000 in a uV3100's clothing?
>
> What the hell...? Please give me the output of the following commands from the
> boot ROM, there seems to be a detection problem. What a 3100 is it ? Don't know
> the KA48, but the 4000 VLC should only be detected with the KA48.

It's a MicroVAX 3100/40, with a KA45-A (at least this is what the bootmonitor claims..).

> The commands are:
>
> EX SID
> EX /P 20040004

Ok, I'll try these when I get home.

> Think this is due to the wrong console line with the 4000 VLC detection or so.

I'll try recompiling without lkc0 in the kernel.

> Ok, mail me the above values, i'll look for the reason. And mail me the
> full type of your VAXstation.

It says on the front:

MicroVAX 3100/40

That's the only thing I can get right at right now, the VAX is at home slumbering. I'll get the output of those commands with me tomorrow.

// Sune Stjerneby
<sst@hermes.koege-gym.dk> {Herfoelge, Denmark, EU}
  -- "Go, Go, DECzilla!"
  -- "Berkeley UNIX: 22 Years on the VAX."
  -- http://www.{Net,Free,Open}BSD.ORG