Subject: Re: Mop booting (8) 3100'S ?
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/16/1999 21:32:35
Hi !

> I have mop booted a 3100/38 from a Sun 3/80 and it runs well!  I have seven
> (7) more 3100's that I would now like to boot and run at the same time from
> the same bootserver.  The question I have is how much of the root file
> system do I need to replicate for each additional 3100?  Also, do things
> like the console device on the bootserver need to be replicated as well?

I used to split off the /usr from the filesystem, so you have left about
26 Megs for each box with a full installation. Just move the /usr to another
place, share it separately, make a directory in the VAX root named "usr" and
edit the fstab of the VAX root according to the new mount of /usr.
Now you can make 7 copies of the VAX root and edit the config files.

(Works fine with my 5 VAXstations here, 4 3100m76s and 1 4000 VLC)

So long... Michael