Subject: MicroVAX/VAXstation purchase
To: 'port-vax@netbsd.org' <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Scott R. Burns <Scott.Burns@Netcontech.Com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/14/1999 14:34:17
I have the opportunity to pickup up to 100 MV 3100 or VS M3100 computers =
for $ 50 Canadian each (say $ 35.00 US).

1) Is this a good price, includes a RZ26 and a 4MM DAT drive, I think at =
least 32MB of RAM.

2) Is the SCSI controller still unsupported on the MV series, but =
supported on the VS series as per:

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/vax/models.html#MicroVAX 3100 Systems

3) Will this be a good test bad to play with distributed processing =
technology such as PVM if I get 20 or so of them with 5 more for parts ?

4) What does this mean on the page mentioned in 2)

"Note! Due to code cleanup neither the disk, nor the floppy or tape =
works in NetBSD-current. This is supposed to be fixed before NetBSD =
1.4."

Does this mean they will not support the local SCSI RZ26's and 4MM DAT =
tape drives these unit have on them ?

5) Do you have these systems in stock for testing, can I contribute one =
or two ?

Scott Burns