Subject: 1.4 memory usage
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@freegate.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/05/1999 19:19:22
I've "upgraded" my uVAX II with a KA650 and 64MB of RAM. This allows 1.4 to
run without hanging because the system never runs out of buffers (and never
swaps for that matter).

While testing the KA630 however, a kernel build would hang and vmstat would
show 4 free buffers. Popping into db(4) showed everybody waiting for
buffers to free up and nowhere was there anyone freeing them. There is some
problems with db support on the VAX since trying to dump the VM map for a
process results in a panic.

I've got a BA23 box that I can rebuild my uVAX II into and since I can
reproduce the hangs without using my disk controller I've ruled that out
for now as a source of the problems.

--Chuck