Subject: Re: VAX 6310
To: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@igps.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/04/1999 15:10:06
Michael Kukat wrote:

> > its a medium sized VAX, nominally about 3.8 VUPS, and has XMI and BI
> Let's see, what "medium sized" means :-). Ok, as i got my 4000 VLC it

You'll notice he said "Medium sized VAX" - not "medium sized MicroVAX" or
"medium sized VAXstation". If memory serves, the 6310 is a full-sized 19" rack
(or is it two?) that's about 5' high. I'd love to grab it from you, but I don't
have the space.

> here. If it doesn't fit, i'll inform the list and give it away... 3,8
> VUPs is nice enough, half speed of my VAXstation 3100m76s.

half the speed, and about 20 times the size. Muahaha. If all else fails, you can
turn it into a Bar.
http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~vance/www/vaxbar.html

Disclaimer: I do not advocate the destruction of operational VAX equipment. I
cried when I had to pass up that 9000 somebody was giving away here last year.

 -Buckaroo